Sunday, April 01, 2007

Deck of Me- Week 12: "I Believe..."

My painting this week...Emily's Week 12 Challenge: I believe... that God made sisters so we could have a friend for life. :o) My little sister is my very bestest buddy in the whole world and always has been. We loved playing pretend all day and building forts and climbing trees. This is a painting of us climbing that special tree at Demeyer Park. (Although, in reality she probably would have been the one in the overalls and I would have had the poofy dress, little panties, and bow in my hair- but I thought it would be too cute to have some painties showing as she was climbing- sorry Kris).
Here's a picture of me holding my little sister when she came home from the hospital. My mom told me she was my baby and I believed her.


Our ages in this picture were what I designed my painting around for this week. I loved this time when Kristie got a perm so she could have hair like my mom. Look at those curls and cute cheeks!

I threw this one in for fun of us dressed up for our dance recital. Rrraaaarrr. Kris is showing a little bit of leg there. :)
Love you KrisserBugs and Happy 25th Birthday last month!



19 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I have just one younger sister too and she is very special.

Siany said...

That is an AMAZING drawing!! Very impressive!! Those photos are so cute!! I only have two brothers, so my best friends are my sisters!!

Mrs Pretzel said...

So neat! I can't wait to see what's been on your mind! LOL
~rachel

Anonymous said...

my sisters are very special to me as well penelope..beautifully done card as always

Emily Falconbridge said...

oh those pics are so cute and funny! hope you still have that little lycra triangle pattern number...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, just love your drawings :)

valerie said...

another stunner the painting is just so lovley and what lovley photos and memories to go with it thanks for inspiring me on this gray april morning off to post a link to you page to my sister need to tel her what she means to me more

Val

Michele said...

My sister sent this link to me and I intend to put it in my faves. I've just found my little sister again after some years and she is now one of the hugest parts of my life. Your painting is totally amazing and has inspired me to have a go at painting some atcs myself. Thank you so much for sharing this. I love it.

Kim said...

Another amazing drawing on your card - you are just so talented! Beautiful work as always - TFS!

jess said...

i LOVE your drawing!!! this is my favourite card of yours so far!! Its so beautiful and it really tells the story!!
WOW!!!

Seth Hippen said...

Beauty, beauty! I like your line work, how it's not all solid and one thickness. I like your hair, and how you indicated the highlights on top. I like the patterns in the leaves, and your pretty face. I could see you wearing both of these outfits, you tom-boy-girlie-girl!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very lovely card Heather & so love those photos. They are precious.x

The Au Family said...

I love all of your cards! You are so talented. I'm glad that you started up painting again because your work is beautiful! Guess what...I'm caught up on all my cards! It's a miracle!

Melissa Au
http://melissaau.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Too cute. I really liked this drawing and I really liked your pictures. They are cute. Makes me even more glad to have two little girls so they can grow up and be best friends (hopefully right?). It is the best having a sister. I have to agree.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohhh this is soooo sweet - I so love this quote and the saying behind it!!! mmmmh - I always wished for a sister- but nope - I'm a spoiled single child - LOL

sylvia said...

Oh this is soo great, love it! I have a little sister as well, feel just the same! And my mum told me it's my baby as well!!!

Jen said...

Very sweet card! I have a brother who I love very much, but I always wished I had a sister.

Jennifer Davis said...

LOVE this card! And all those special pictures of you and your sister...that is so precious and very, very cool! My little sister was just here visiting and she actually did the card challenge with me, which was a very neat thing in itself to get spend time doing something creative together.

Krisser said...

Love it Flemmer! Thanks for sending me one of these for my birthday! You are one of my bestest buddies too- and I miss you- can't wait to see you in 2 1/2 weeks! Wahoo!
Krisser