Sunday, March 25, 2007

A First!


Yipee! Look at those fabulous feet. :) I got my first pedicure two weeks ago and see how cute they look in those shoes and in 3rd position (ballet) non-the-less.

My friend gave me a gift certificate to get a pedicure for my birthday last October and it has been sitting on my filing cabinet waiting... and waiting...

I haven't felt like I had pretty feet since about 6th grade when someone made fun of my really long toes. I remember looking down at them and realizing that my toes were very long- so long in fact that my second toe was as long as my friend's pinky finger.

Anyway, that gift certificate just sat there because I felt it was pointless to get a pedicure on feet that couldn't have much improving (how can you shorten a second toe?). Boy was I wrong. I can't stop looking at them. I have to wear shoes that show them off with every outfit and in every kind of weather. :) Now I see why people get pedicures. They are so fun! I think that Seth is now worried this may become a monthly expense. He's probably right. :)

7 comments:

Amber said...

First of all, your toes do look very pretty. Second of all, I CAN'T believe that is your first pedicure. You really have been missing out. Pedicures are one of my favorite "pamper me" past times. I'm glad you've crossed over. There's no going back now. Sorry Seth, but it is true. It will become a regular expense. Maybe you can do just every other month.

Heather said...

I had my first pedicure when I was 9 months pregnant and could no longer paint my own toenails! It was heaven. I haven't had one since either!
I too have very long toes and the second one is longer than the others. I think it's my best feature though because it's the only part of me that is long!!
Love your DOM card and the lovely story that goes with it.

jessica said...

I have a gift certificate for a pedicure that I'm waiting for the perfect moment to use too. I got my first one last year. They are awesome!

Kristen said...

There is no force in the world that will ever convince me to get a pedicure. But yours is lovely.

Sooz said...

Pretty pretty princess! Show those toes! They look stunning : )

Sooz said...

You've been TAGGED! Now you are IT...the game is to name five blogs that inspire you on a daily basis...

Swirls.

Lindy Rae said...

I got my first pedicure last summer, and LOVED it too. Haven't been back though, since it does add up quickly. I always thought my feet were ugly for the opposite reason - I have stubby little short toes (Shane calls them "sausage toes").

I really should get a pedicure sometime soon though.