Monday, March 19, 2007

Deck of Me- Week 11: Your Initial

So here's my letter K painting for Emily's challenge this week. I had visions of making it much more detailed and complicated, but ended up having fun making it more simple. Sorry if I've confused people with having the blogger name of "Penelope Crackers" because of course that's not my real name. I've always loved the name Penelope since I first heard it in 6th grade studying Greek Mythology. As a kid I was bummed out that my parents didn't give me a middle name so it was then that I decided that Penelope was my middle name. I would put it on everything, even when I graduated from college I announced my name at the microphone with a Penelope stuck in there (mostly to make my parents roll their eyes I think). So that's me... Karalenn Penelope. :)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card, love your paintings :)

jess said...

i love it!! Love those butterflies!

Marjolein said...

Oh boy, you've got such great cards with the painting!! And Karalenn, what a beautiful name! (Although I like Penelope too:-))

Jen said...

Gorgeous! Your cards are always so beautiful!

Emily Falconbridge said...

such a pretty K!

Heather said...

Beautiful card. I look forward to seeing your's every week! And I love your post from yesterday! I am hoping to zip my dress up with a whoosh this summer! It's such a shame to not be able to wear them again, isn't it!?

Jennifer Davis said...

I love your card...and love your post about trying your wedding dress on again! What a fun thing to do with your daughters and to have it fit with a "whoosh"...that's got to take the cake! :) Thanks for the smile!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful delicate feel to this card. Love the colours, soft & dreamy.

valerie said...

what a lovley painted K nice to know your real name and a little bit more about you

Kristen said...

your K looks like it's takin' a bow! "yes thank you, I AM fabulous, I do know it." And I like the purple butterfly

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Fist - you look gorgoeus iwth your wedding dress!!! I should try mine too again - but I guess...LOL ---I will ....well... explode it :-(

Love teh card again - the K looks fab!

Debbie Doughty said...

Your "K" is beautiful, just like you! What fun to dress up in your wedding dress again. I'm really tempted to try mine on even though it is now 33 years old!

Familie Kubben said...

Hi! Thanks sweetie for your nice comment! It made me smile! I love your card! I really like the way you made the K and love the color combination!! See you soon!

suebaru said...

Beautiful card! And there is no way I can get into my wedding dress now either!

A.S.K.-P. said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Flapsi said...

Gorgeous and delicate looking - very artistic! And another K!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment cos now I've found yours!

BKata said...

Hello, I'm Kata from Hungary. I just found your wounderful letter K with Google. I hope, you won't mind, if I use it as my profile-picture in my blog. I write my blog about our family life with 3 kids as waldorf parents. I write it in Hungarian. It's a non public blog, about 50 peoples read it, moustly my frineds all around the word.
Thanks a lot, if you let me use it:-) By, Kata