Monday, April 30, 2007

Deck of Me- Week 16: Get Someone Else to Contribute

I joined two cards together to make them into an envelope for this week's art prompt. I wanted it to be able to hold memories of California since we are moving soon. So after I painted the front and back and cut it to make a flap, I crocheted it together and made a little handle. I also sewed little buttons on to be able to tie it shut. The front says, "Treasured Friends, Treasured Memories~" with a painting of two girls sharing a treasure box of stars. The back says, "We'll always remember you," with a happy little moon and twinkle stars. Here's a bit of detail of the front.






What I decided it could hold inside (along with photos) was going to be lightly painted simple cards that my friends here could choose from that would describe them to write their name and put their email addresses on. I sketched pictures and to be able to get someone else to contribute I asked my girls to paint the little cards. Some aren't painted as lightly as I had imagined so we could see names written all over them, but I love the way they turned out and am impressed with my kiddos.


These are Makenzie's cards. (She's 7 years old today- by the way!- Happy Birthday cutie-poo).







These are Kendyl's cards- lovely. :) She's 3 years old.





I'll just carry this around with me for the next few weeks and get my friend's information (even if I have many of their email addresses already- it will be for the sake of memory keeping).

10 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE this card. AND congrats on the move!

Marjolein said...

Oooooooh I so love this!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!
What a great idea and a great way to keep in contact with friends when you move!

Jen said...

OMG...I love this! What a fantastic idea for a card! I know I've said this every time I post here, but your cards are so beautiful and you're such a talented artist.

Good luck with the move. I moved from California 11 years ago, so I know how hard that is. After all this time, I still miss it out there.

Heather said...

Lovely idea, your envelope is beautiful!

Kristen said...

it's fabulous! I wish you weren't moving though. Or, that Craig was taking a job in Utah too. hey....

Seth Hippen said...

Simply fabulous, darlink. I love the loose ink outlines and the stripes especially, and the offset button is a great touch, too. What a happy card.

The Au Family said...

Once again, an amazing card! What a creative idea to turn it into an envelope! And your daughters are just as talented! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous cards, so delicate & full of soft colours.
Congrats with the move, hope you are looking forward to it.

valerie said...

what a stunning idea your children are already showing quite a smidge of their parents talent think i missed where you are moving too you will be sad to leave your special house. Have emialed you my addy