Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Frabjous Day, Callooh, Callay


Our mighty Kendyl turned 7 last month and we had a Frabjous party in her honor. She was so proud of her daddy animating on Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" that she wanted to have a Mad Hatter's Birthday Tea Party. I must say I was quite inspired by the theme I didn't know how to hold back. Everything I thought up I created. It was so fun. And while someone (a-hem Seth's mom :) ) called me obsessed I chose to think of myself as enthusiastic and inspired (like all great geniuses are- haha).

We started with a gathering of the guests and proceeded to drink some mysterious liquid which shrunk us so we could be led down the rabbit hole by the white rabbit (Seth's mom) until we found Absulum (my cute husband- Seth sitting under a tree "smoking" on a garden hand shovel). He gave us wonderful words of wisdom and showed us the Oraculum (a 9 foot scroll that he drew). The Oraculum was drawings of the events of the party. First was a drawing of Alice peering in the rabbit hole. Next was Absulum sitting on a mushroom. After that was a fun looking tea party and then croquet with the Red Queen and last of all was slaying the Jabberwocky.

(Sorry the picture of the Oraculum is not a good one- I need a better camera)




Since we had been down the rabbit hole and talked to Absulum we knew next we needed to go to the Tea Party. The girls had such a fun time talking silly and eating yummy treats. (It's hard to see because it's blurry but the bottle has a tag that says "drink me" and the strawberry's sign says "eat me".

















































These little snails are so cute and fun to make. You take tortilla and wrap up cream cheese and ham in it. Slice it and stick it to a pickle with a toothpick tail. Then toothpick green olive eyes on top. The kids loved them!






I love this sweet little butterfly tea set I found online. Each cup and saucer are a different color.








After consulting the Oraculum again we joined the Red Queen (me of course) for a fun game of croquet.




Next we proceeded to slay my poor Jabber-baby-wonkey. :) I forgot to attach he amazing wings on him for the picture and slaying (darn) this cool pinata.


























After candy was spilt we celebrated by fudderwacking most vigorously and then watched the movie until parents arrived.





What a fun day. Later that night we had a topsy turvy cake. I have never made one before, nor have I tried using fondant, so I think it turned out pretty great considering. :)























3 comments:

Krisser said...

It looks like so much fun!!!! I love the decorations and the cake! I can't believe that's the first fondant cake you've ever done, you did fabulous! Love you Flem, you're amazing!

Nanette said...

you are so awesome! I am IMPRESSED!
Will you do MY party?!

Nanette said...

We were inspired by fondant too! (We've been watching The Cake Boss)
Check it out on my blog :)