Sunday, July 01, 2007

Week 22: What would you like to learn?

I'm getting closer to catching up, I think. I'm skipping week 21 for now, because I finished week 22 first. :) For Emily's Art Challenge for week 22 she titled it, "What would you like to learn". I love it when I get a good drawing and watercolor painting out, so something I would like to learn is how to do acrylic or oil and make a mural in my girl's new room. They want it to be a princess room and I want to make it look like a real princess room with molding, fancy drapes and bed, a fancy little chandelier and on one side I am going to make a mural. (This painting is an idea for what I could make). Only I want to be able to keep it so I am getting a big flat piece of wood and preparing it for painting on and then painting the mural in my new art/sewing/creative room (eek!). That way I can nail it up and when we need to move I can take it with me and the next people wanting the house won’t have to paint over all my hard work with some boring shade of taupe or yellow. (Actually I really like those colors too.) :) Anyway, you get the idea. I want to learn how to paint in another medium and make something huge out of it. Probably what I will end up doing is cutting two pieces of wood in the shape of arch windows and painting a scene like they are looking out instead of a whole balcony scene.

2 comments:

jessica said...

You are so creative. I wish I had an ounce of your creativity.

Kristen said...

I love it! Their room is going to look so awesome!