Thursday, December 23, 2010

A little something for my niece

This is something that I sent my niece for Christmas. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog- so I'm not worried about spoiling anything ;)

She loves LOVES to read and write. She keeps a journal with her where ever she goes so she can write down her poetry as inspiration comes. Her favorite colors are red, black, and white so when I saw this journal at the store I had to get it for
her. I added little quotes and drawings inside it and made this bookmark for her out of felt. The little red-headed girl was inspired by one of my felt pieces I made for Pip's book. Instead of making her holding an xray of herself I added pretty embroidery and bead work. :) This little present was a fun way to spend a day and now it's on her way to her for Christmas. I'm crossing my fingers it gets there in time.


(Detail on the little red-headed girl)
(Back inside cover) One of the drawings
I put in with a favorite quote of mine.







2 comments:

sunnytosh said...

I love that quote. Oh, and the doll looks beautiful.

Chrystal said...

So darling! I'm sure she'll adore it! What a fun aunt you are!