Monday, November 06, 2006

For Halloween this year I made a crazy dress. It took me about 8 weeks and was over 14 yards of fabric total for on top, one hoop skirt, and 35 yards of black tulle pushing it out from underneath. It was a 17th century Vampire type costume. I sewed a lot of this project at my friend Kristen's house. Kendyl wanted me to play Star Wars with her so I tried to do two things at once and my friend Kristen took the picture above.

This is what it looked like in the end. As you can see both my girls fit under there without a problem. They were peeking for the picture, but afterwards spent some time under there until I accidentally stepped on them in my 4 inch heels enough for them to get out. :)

Here's our family pic at the night of the Halloween dance at Makenzie's (my oldest) school. She's 6 and in the blue dress (Lucy from Chronicles of Narnia), Kendyl is my 3 year old little pipster and she's dressed up as a witch. Seth, my cute hubby is the dirty pirate bloke next to us. He grew out his beard for a month or two just to make his costume all that much more fitting. He's so cool. He's shaved it now though so we can go back to kissing without all the pokes. Horray.

3 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karalenn Hippen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kare- that costume is incredible- you look great! How fun, I'll bet you guys had a blast celebrating this year! And congrats to Seth and his beard!